Sooo…. who is up for a little road trip to Beaver Falls this weekend!
I’ve been noticing that the two previous posts on the Moltrup Steel Mansion have been getting a lot of visits recently. So I thought I would check back and see if this house was still for sale.
The Multrup Steel Mansion located at 914 8th Ave is still for sale and the price has been reduced to $49,000. There is a new listing agent for the property, Carol Tomayko, her team has been very responsive to questions.
You can read a history of the Moltrup Steel Mansion on our previous post here.
The house has been featured on several old house blogs and you can read some of the comments on Old House Dreams to learn more about the current condition of the house. Long story short… not good.
Here are a few notes from comments left by Philip Poburka who toured the home over the summer:
- “One of the thing I noticed which has not been mentioned are the tension failures in some areas of the Masonry, which have occurred from the Home’s differential settling over time.”
- “There is no Wood in any of the construction, other than for the small and modest Back Porch, and, of course, the Sash Windows and Interior Wood Moldings and Paneling and Stair Treads and.”
- “Let alone, all the lovely Wood work which has not ever had any second coats of varnish or other finish.”
914 8th Ave, Beaver Falls Open House This Saturday
I have just confirmed with the listing agent that there is an open house at 914 8th Ave, Beaver Falls for this Saturday, January 20 from 1-4pm.
Price Drop $49,900 or Less?
The realtor has also told me that while the price is listed at $49,900, the property is now in foreclosure and the bank intends to sell the home via auction in the next few weeks.
See more photos and learn more about 914 8th Ave:
- Old House Dreams – 1910 – Beaver Falls, PA
- Circa – Stop Everything You’re Doing and Look Inside This $80,500 Mansion
- IheartPGH – Buy the Moltrup Steel Mansion in Beaver Falls for $80,500
And now, a word from our sponsors…
Winter got you down? Need to plan trip for some fun in the sun? The Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa can help you get out of town for free!
Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $2000 in the first 3 months of getting your card. Learn more about the Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa from Chase here.