This showed up in my inbox from LinkedIn. Do you have what it takes to join the (office) team? If you love the Steelers and love email marketing, then this is the job for you. According to LinkedIn, the job was posted 19 days ago and as of today only 20 people have applied.
Job description – Email Marketing Specialist, Pittsburgh Steelers
The email Marketing Specialist will join our email marketing team to improve the relevance, segmentation and targeting of our email program. This individual will have a blend of quantitative/analytical skills to work with email list data, the creativity and writing skills to improve the content and relevance of email content and the experience running internet marketing campaigns, measuring results and pulling out insights to improve future campaign performance.
– email setup from start to finish—from business input, creative, timing, HTML set up all the way to proofing and execution.
– Leverage the marketing database to create data driven email marketing campaigns with relevant, customer-focused messaging to increase fan engagement.
– Develop and maintain the email marketing calendar detailing the timing and frequency of all internal and external email communications.
– Participate in the email marketing creative brief process, gathering creative components and business input, including copywriting and proofreading, to create a consistent brand voice.
– Monitor, cleanse and append email lists, balancing the goals of growth and quality.
– Recommend email marketing strategy enhancements to optimize future campaigns and contribute to marketing goals.
– Proactively measure and analyze the effectiveness of email campaigns extracting insights that can be used to improve future campaign performance.
– Conduct on-going competitive market and industry analysis to keep up to date with new email tactics and techniques that can be incorporated into the Steelers email campaigns.
Skills and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Bachelor of Science in Quantitative field.
– 3+ years marketing experience.
– Minimum of 1 year email marketing experience, including creating/executing email campaigns.
– Working knowledge of HTML.
– Solid understanding of email industry best practices, especially CAN-SPAM compliance and a working knowledge of the legal rules.
– Previous experience with enterprise level email platforms such as Epsilon, Bronto or ExactTarget.
– Quantitative analysis skills and comfort working with large data sets.
– Photoshop and/or other photo editing program experience.
– Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail, organizational and management skills.
– Ability to multi-task and work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
– Quick learner and keen sense of curiosity.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.