UPDATE: If we raise all $5000 by 8pm 12/11/2014 – I’ll buy your first beer at Hough’s tonight. Get the details here.
Today, Thursday December 11, 2014 is the party for the CHS Holiday Gift Project at Houghs. I am not yet ready to celebrate because we have only raised 20% of the $5000 needed for 2014. While I look forward to drinking a beer with you this evening, I’m more interested in making sure we turn that 20% into 100%!
CHS Holiday Gift By The Numbers
In 2013 – 74 people donated to the CHS Holiday Gift Project on Crowdrise. This year, I have a personal goal of doubling that number because I would like to use this as an opportunity to share information about CHS with more Pittsburghers.
As of 10 am, 34 people have donated and we have raised $1100.
Three Reasons Why I am Supporting the 2014 CHS Holiday Gift Project
I am supporting the CHS Holiday Gift Project again this year because…
- Mental illness needs to be talked about … I think that mental illness is a real issue in Pittsburgh and cross the country, and that CHS is doing some very important work to help improve the lives of Pittsburghers who are struggling with mental illness.
- No one should be alone on Christmas… The CHS Holiday Gift Project provides some holiday cheer for some people that would not be receiving anything this holiday season. Most holiday gift projects provide gifts for kids and seniors. CHS works with people of all ages – the CHS Holiday Gift Project was started because many of the people that CHS works with were left out of Christmas cheer.
- Tweet for good… This is a great opportunity to engage the readers of IheartPGH and the entire Pittsburgh social media community for a good cause.
If you would like to help….
- Donate $10 TODAY
- Invite 5 Friends to donate $10 (you can even create a fundraising team)
- Share this blog post with your followers on Twitter
The other reason I love the CHS Holiday Gift Project is that it is a chance for local bloggers to work together to create more good in the Pittsburgh community. I am so impressed with my fellow bloggers who have supported this in years past and the new bloggers that have stepped up for the first time this year.
Check out how local bloggers are working together to raise $5000 for Community Human Services, a Pittsburgh non-profit that works on issues of homelessness and mental illness in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County. You can support the CHS Holiday Gift Project by donating online HERE