A Weihnachtsmarkt is a traditional Christmas street market dating back to the late middle ages. Yes folks, Halloween has passed, election day is over and it is time to begin the holiday celebrations. Fortunately you don’t need a DeLorean to visit the Weihnachtsmarkt. You can fire up your Prius, station wagon or SUV and take a short drive up 79 North to the Historic Harmony Weihnachtsmarkt.
This is the 22rd annual Harmony Weihnachtsmark which will be held at the historic Harmony Museum. Lots of food, music and of course Chirstmas shopping – its a good excuse to get started on your holiday shopping and I promise it is much more charming that hitting the mall at 8am on black friday with a turkey hangover.
Here are the details for the market – more info is available on the Harmony Museum’s website here.
Saturday November 10th 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday November 11th 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Call 724-452-7341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors, $3 for students and children under 6 free.
Admission includes: Museum, miniature train exhibit, vendors, artisans and craftsmen, antique show and sale, horse drawn wagon ride, weavers and quilters, wine and beer tasting, Santa and Mrs. Claus, kids crafts and activities and all day German style entertainment
Saturday Entertainment Schedule
- Burke’s Bavarian Brass – 11:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Alpen Schuhplattler Dancers – 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Pittsburgh Swiss Singers – 3:30 t0 4:30 p.m.
In Stewart Hall
- Wha-Ke-we-nn Dulcimers – 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Seneca Valley Girls Madrigals – Carol along with them as we celebrate the Tree Lighting! 5:30 at the Festival Entrance
Sunday Entertainment Schedule
- The Frank Palombi Band
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Alpen Schuhplattler Dancers
- 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
All around the festival both Saturday and Sunday (weather permitting) look for Ron our strolling accordion player!
Antique Show Dealers
Stop in the Antique Show & Sale’s huge tent and see the beautiful items that over 15 high quality antique dealers have to offer!
Artisans and Vendors
- Third Eye Imagery, Photography
- Amanda Lee Glassware, Hand Painted Glassware
- From the Heart Pure & Simple, Shampoos & Body Products
- Wyatt McQueen, 18th Century Style Furniture
- Faces by Christina, Face Painting
- Brooke Espersen, Handcrafted Jewelry
- Monika Dalrymple, Hand Tatted German Ornaments
- The Enchanted Olive, Gourmet Olive Oils & Balsamic Vinegars
- Nancy K Wallace, Author “The Christmas Cats”
- Little Germany, German Christmas Foods, Steins, Nutcrackers, Toys
- Theresa Stauffer, Hand Painted Wood Apples & Eggs, Ornaments
- Hidden Treasures, Museum Reproductions, Hand Painted Boxes & Furniture
- MP Pinecone Designs, Pinecone Wreaths, Garlands, Ornaments, Birdhouses
- Stramba Farm Alpacas & More, Yarns, Felt, Hats, Socks, Rugs, Scarves
- Margaret L Bickenheuser, Basketry & Seat Weaving
- Rugs of Character, Handwoven Rugs from Recycled Materials
- Ashgrove Soaps & Beeswax Ornaments
- Lindsey Lee Creations, Hand Crafted Beaded Jewelry
- James Kapusta, Shaker Oval Nesting Boxes & Carriers
- Pine Knoll Clock Shop, Clock Repair, Restoration & Sales
- Pine Knoll Herb Shop, Hand Crafted Soaps, Lotions & Dried Herbs
- Apple Blossom Pottery, Hand Thrown High Fire Functional Stoneware
- Pleasures of the Palate, Traditional German Roasted Nuts
- Riverwood Trading, Hand Carved Wooden Treenware
- Fred Threlfal, Map Maker, Colonial Prints
- Honest Brothers, 18th Century Silversmith
- Harmony Tin, Colonial Punched Tin Lanterns, Lamps, Ornaments, Leaves
- Don Allaman, Stained Glass & Kiln Formed Decorative Glass Items
- James Varley, Wooden Toys & Gifts
- Claus & Truax, Leather Bottles, Mugs, Canteens, Buckets & Leather Goods
- Irmgard Rebel, German Dolls & Teddy Bears, Embroidery
- Bees in a Basket, Scented Beeswax Pinecones, Bars, Cinnamon Sticks
- Everlasting Gardener, Aromatherapy, Herb Teas, Potpourris, Flavorings
- Cinnamon Scents, Handmade Candles & Rustic Scrubs
- Volant Mill Winery, Locally Made Fine Wines, Wine Tasting
- Bill Fugate, Blacksmith
- German Christmas markets: Mulled wine, markets and hearty meals on a festive break to Germany’s quieter side (dailymail.co.uk)
- Harmony Museum to Hold 22nd Annual German Style Christmas Market Saturday, November 10 and Sunday, November 11 — Quality German Crafts, Artisans, Music and Family Fun — (prweb.com)
[…] Historic Harmony German Christmas Market […]