In case you need a reason to get outside and experience fall in western PA this weekend – here are 2 great fall festivals that are just a short drive from Pittsburgh.
Fort Ligonier Days – October 12-14, 2012 @ Downtown Ligonier
- Parade (Saturday Morning)
- Reenactments of the battle of Fort Ligonier
- Festival food – in my opinion some of the best festival food around
- Craft vendors, kids activities and more
- Read more about Fort Ligonier Days food in the Tribune Review here
- Festival Facebook Page – facebook.com/FortLigonierDays
Gear & Beer Fall Fest – October 14, 2012 @ Brady’s Run Park
- Hosted by the Ohio River Trail Council – proceeds will go toward bike trail development connecting the Montour Trail in Coraopolis to the Great Ohio Lake-to-River Greenway trail.
- Activities include a mountain bike ride, 15-mile, 35-mile or 50-mile road bike ride, 5K run/walk, kayaking and canoeing, Calland Arboretum Trail Tour, auctions, raffles, children’s bike rodeo & live music
- Food, drink and free wine and craft beer tasting with proper registration!
- More details – including race registrations – are available here – be sure to scroll way down on the page for the registration links.
- Read more about the Gear & Beer Fest in the Tribune Review here.
[…] Gear & Beer Fest […]