Happy first weekend in July! Here is our list of weekend events that we shared on WDVE this morning. Here are some ways to keep busy, um, er, rather keep cool this weekend around Pittsburgh. Feel free to add other events we may have missed in the comments section below.
You can listen to the IheartPGH weekend picks on 102.5 fm most Friday mornings at 6:45 am.
- All weekend long @ Robert Morris University Island Sports Center (on Neville Island)
- National Curling Tournament with 48 teams from US and Canada
@iheartpgh The public is welcome to come check it out free of charge.Plenty of curlers and volunteers around that can answer questions.
— Steve M. (@SteelCurlin) July 6, 2012
- Friday, July 6, 2012 (and the first Friday of every Month) 6-11pm
- Free and open to all
- Galleries and Businesses from 4800-5500 Penn Ave, stay open late, some stops offer free beverages
- Facebook Event – http://www.facebook.com/events/118957978242505/
- Saturday, July 7, 2012, 3pm
- Corner of Butler St. & 36th
- Beer from Full Pint Brewing & East End Brewing. Food from Franktuary, PGH Taco Truck, Bar Marco, Fat Cat Baked Goods, and more.
- Read about the Tapped Beer Gardens in PopCity here.
- Facebook event – http://www.facebook.com/events/357887977610610/
- Sunday, July 8, 2012 – Noon-9pm
- Polish Food from the Immaculate Heart of Mary church (come early – word on the street is the polish food sells out fast)
- Live music all day
- Arts, crafts and more
- On Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Polish-Hill-Arts-Festival/180346282019834
Other Places to Keep Cool (with Air Conditioning)
- The Steel City Improv Theater has shows on Friday and Saturday Nights, $5 a show, and I have confirmed they have working a/c
- The Oaks Theater is Showing The Amazing Spider Man all weekend
- Museums – This might be a good weekend to visit one of the many awesome museums in Pittsburgh