Here is a round up of the events we shared on the DVE morning show today.
We had a great discussion about new restaurants in Pittsburgh and great food bloggers so many new places to check out. Plus lots of love-ly events to check out this weekend and for Valentine’s Day.
New Restaurants in Town
- Station Street Hot Dogs – located behind the new Target – check out some photos here.
- MadMex Shadyside – opened in the past year on Highland Ave, near Highland and Penn – huge space, free valet parking across the street
- Casa Rasta – new taco shop in Beechview – check out BurghGourmand post, with lots of photos here.
Follow the Burgh’s Food Bloggers – looking to learn more about where to eat in Pittsburgh? Check out some of the food bloggers who are keeping tabs on where to go and what to eat in town.
- Cooking For My Dad
- Taste of Pittsburgh
- Food Collage
- These are just a few – check out more local food bloggers on UrbanSpoon here.
Make it Now Workshops at Pittsburgh Glass Center
- Friday, February 10, 2012 4-10pm
- Some reservations available – walkins also welcome
- Make a glass flower or heart with your date – also great activity for kids over 12.
- Warm up with the national bird of the Bahamas this weekend at the Pittsburgh Aviary
- Saturday February 11 & Sunday February 12 11am-3pm
- Special flamingo activities and a flamingo story time are planned
- Meet Marilyn – the newest member of Pittsburgh flamingo flock
- Fundraiser for Western Pennsylvania Humane Society, and the Bow Wow Buddies foundation
- Saturday, February 11 at Cefalo’s Night club
- Sunday, February 12, 2pm
- Carnegie Library in Oakland
- The big day is Tuesday! Check out our list of 14 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Pittsburgh
- Gateway Clipper Dinner Cruise
- Double Wide Grill St. Valentines Day Dinner Massacre Dinner
- Schenley Park Couples Skate
- MadMex $35 Dinner for Two
- more ideas here.
Burgh Gourmand says
Thanks for the link! -bg