Happy New Year! There were a few comments yesterday on Facebook and Twitter about the January slump – hopefully you will find one of the following events a good reason to get out of the house and enjoy January in Pittsburgh. Here is a round up of the events we shared on the DVE morning show today.
- Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012 @ Noon – weather permitting
- Old Economy Park
- 25th Annual Mascot Skate – who knew pirate parrot was that old?
- Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012
- Monday, January 16, 2012
- Habitat for Humanity and Pittsburgh Cares have organized a huge day of volunteering.
- 300 volunteers with almost 20 projects across the city
- Details are available here
- Science Center – Free Admissions
- Glass Center
- MLK Jr. Day in Schenley Park – Free skaring, snowshoeing, arts and crafts
- August Wilson Center – Free Admission
- January 16-22, 2012
- Over 30 participating restuarnts are offering super deals on 3 course meals
New Restaurants to open in Pittsburgh in 2012
- Check out a run down of 5 new places that will be opening soon in Pittsburgh here.
Classic Movies This Weekend
- Gone with the Wind – Sunday @ the Hollywood Theater in Dormont
- An American in Paris – Saturday Cinebrunch @ the Oaks Theater in Oakmont