Happy almost October! Here is our weekly round up of events we share on WDVE – Fridays at 6:45 am. Lots of great fall activities for Pittsburghers of all age. This town has some great ways to put the FEST in Oktoberfest.
Gallery Crawl in the Cultural District
- Friday, September 30, 2011 5-8ish pm
- FREE fun, food, drinks and more
- Check out CANstruction with the Food Bank @ 937 Penn Ave. Artist work created from canned goods which are then donated back to the Food Bank.
Octoberfests For All the Rest – Art, Bikes, Dogs
- Artobertfest – Saturday afternoon block party in Bellevue (1-5). Wine and gallery tour (5-8pm). After party at Bite Bistro (8-10pm).
- Biketoberfest – Saturday on the Steel Valley Trail – starts at the historic Pump House, 5, 10, 20 and 30 mile bike rides
- Dogtoberfest – Saturday, Southside works – fall fun for you and your four legged friend
A Few Steps Up For a Great View
- This Saturday – Fineview’s Step-a-thon
- Next Saturday – South Side Slopes Step Trek
- 25th Annual Rowing Regatta held in Pittsburgh every October
- Teams from all over the country will compete on a course that runs between the Point and Washington’s Landing
- Open to the public to watch
RAD Days = FREE Fun for Everyone
- Saturday – October 1
- Heinz History Center = Free Admission
- Sunday – October 2
- Carnegie Museum of Art = Free Admission
- Children’s Museum = Free Admission
- Mattress Factory = Free Admission
- Tuesday – October 4
- a new literary event organized by the folks who brought us the Gist St. Reading series
- Author Josh Barkan, Braddock’s writer in residence will be reading
- Pizza from the community oven
- Saturday, October 1st, 7PM – 10PM. 5$. BYOB. Reading will being at 8PM.
- UnSmoke Systems ArtSpace is located at 1137 Braddock Ave, Braddock, PA 15104.
- Haunted Pittsburgh Ghost Tours is back with tours scheduled every weekend in October
- Tours meet at Grand Concourse and the Carnegie Library
- $15 per person