Who doesn’t love Legos? Possibly one of the greatest toys ever made – and I have been thinking about them recently – Swiss-Miss, a design blog based in NYC, recently posted this photo of Lego walls.
And I want to share this photo with you, because it is awesome and brings together Legos and Bon Jovi. This was in the window of S.W. Randals on Forbes Ave in Sq. Hill.
Blake, Age 7 – chose to enter the Lego contest with a Lego creation of a “Bon Jovi Rock Concert” – if that doesn’t speak to the power of Pittsburgh I don’t know what does – happy to see kids appreciate the music of Bon Jovi.
But the Legos are coming to Pittsburgh – The Lego Kidsfest is a giant interactive Lego exhibit that will be in Pittsburgh June 17-19, 2011 at the David Lawrence Convention Center.
What else happens at The Lego Kidsfest:
- LEGO Model Gallery: 40 life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: building tips, tricks and live demonstrations from the crew who get paid to play
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- Mystery Mural: build a piece of a giant mural to help reveal the image
- Race Ramp: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Games Arena: roll the dice to play LEGO board games
- Construction Zone: creative free build, play and display area
- LEGO DUPLO® Jams: toddlers explore building and imagination while rocking out to fun playroom tunes
- And much more, covering 125,000 square feet of space
WIN TICKETS with Wawadoo!
We are teaming up with our friends Tim and Chris who are the founders of Wawadoo – a new start up company based here in Pittsburgh. Tim and Chris moved to the burgh to participate in AlphaLab this past spring. Wawadoo is a new events website that helps your find things to do. Wawadoo is short for “what would you like to do” – think of it as the Pandora of events. We will be giving away
Win tickets (4 tickets) to the LEGO Kidsfest Saturday morning session (Sat. June 18, 2011 9am-2pm)! To be entered into the drawing, all you needto do is follow 3 simple steps before Wednesday at 5pm EST:
- Visit www.wawadoo.com/legokidsfest
- Become a Wawadoo user with the invite code “IHeartPGH”
- That’s it! You’ll get an email indicating that you’ve entered the contest and another email when you’re the grand prize winner.
More ways to win tickets – the blog Play Unplugged, which is a blog about games that get you away from the computer, is also giving away a 4 pack of tickets. Click here for the Play Unplugged Lego ticket giveaway.