- Free donut with any beverage purchase at Pittsburgh Dunkin Donut locations
First Fridays on Penn Avenue (forgot to mention this on DVE – but definitely worth a stop this eve)
- Galleries and Businesses along Penn ave stay open late the first Friday of every month – free activities for all – check out the list here.
- Hot Jam at Pittsburgh Glass Center
- TeeRex at Cotton Factory
- Check out Penn Avenue’s newest gallery Assemble – they have an awesome show, Random Output, that involves electronics.
Allegheny County Marbles Tournament
- yes! Marbles! like glass Marbles! – actually the national champion in girls marbles was from Pittsburgh.
- Tournament runs Thursday – Saturday in the courtyard of the Allegheny County Courthouse
Kayak Pittsburgh Downtown Opens FRIDAY
- Finally! The rivers have calmed down and Kayak Pittsburgh is open for business
- Weekdays Kayak Pittsburgh opens at 11am, Weekend Kayak Pittsburgh opens at 10am
Penn Brewery Microbrewers Festival
- Say hello to summer with 3 hours of beer sampling at Penn Brewery
- Saturday, June 4 – 2 sessions 1-4pm and 6-9pm
- Live entertainment from the Flow Band and the Blues Orphans
Free Concerts All Weekend Long
- Friday @ Arts Festival – Blind Boys of Alabama – 8pm
- Saturday @ Arts Festival – Tom Tom Club – 7:45pm
- Sunday @ Hartwood Acres – Josh Ritter 7:30pm
- Sunday, June 5, 2011 – 9:30am
- Free guided hike through the neighborhood – will take 3-4 hours
- HUGE neighborhood wide garage sale
- Sunday, June 5, 2011
- Then check out the Bryan Street Festival from Noon-5pm
- Over 40 household participating – check out the entire list here.
FRIDAY is the Last Day for 40 Under 40 Nominations
- Each year PUMP and Pittsburgh Magazine honor 40 awesome people under the age of 40.
- Submit your nominations today!