A new project that I am involved with is looking for a few good interns for the summer. If you know of anyone who might be interested in learning about social media, writing and entrepreneurhip – please share this internship with them.
We are a new start up company in Pittsburgh that is focused on building a community of local bloggers all across the US. Our goal is to put local blogging on the map.
About the Internship:
We are seeking interns to help with a variety of projects – lots of research and lots of brainstorming. We are also looking for interns to help us build our online community – which includes writing for our corporate blog and to managing our Facebook/Twitter accounts.
- We are looking for interns who
- can wear many hats – we are a start up company and there are lots of different projects to take on.
- are interested in learning more about blogging and social media and how to use those tools in a business setting
- like geeky things
- are passionate about local communities
- are excited about the idea of working with a start up company and sharing ideas with the CEO
- are looking for an unpaid internship (school credit is available)
- are a currently a college student or have a college degree
Internship Duties Include:
- researching local blogs and updating the database
- writing descriptions for local blogs
- writing blog post for the BlogLocal blog
- selecting the local blog of the week
- outreach to local blogging directories
- researching vendors
How to Apply:
Please read these instructions carefully.
1. Find 3 local blogs that you like – 1 blog that is about Pittsburgh and 2 blogs that are about other cities
2. Print out and mail your resume and cover letter to
c/o pairNetworks, Inc.
2403 Sidney Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
3. Fill out this form with your name email and 3 blogs – http://bit.ly/internship-2011
Dates and Times:
Internship dates can be flexible – we had to enter a date below – but we are open to interns year round. We ask that you be ably to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week to be in the office.
Will I have vacation time? Of course – we understand that trips get planned – and it is summer – just let us know ahead of time and we will be happy to work out a schedule that works for everyone.
Drop us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org