It is shaping up to be a super spring weekend in Pittsburgh. We know that Friday is a hockey night in this town – but here are some things to keep you busy until game #3. You can listen to IheartPGH chat live with Jim and Randy on WDVE 102.5 FM most Friday mornings at 6:45 am.
- CMU now calls this Spring Carnival – but I have always refered to this as the tech fair
- April 14-16 @ Carnegie Mellon University
- Amazing carnival games, student buggy races and live music
- Check out the live webcams of the event here – http://webcam.springcarnival.org/
- calling all comic book lovers – this is the convention for you
- Friday-Sunday @ the Monroeville Convention Center
- The biggest baddest craft show in town has a new location at the Convention Center downtown
- Saturday, April 16 11am-7pm
- Handmade Arcade attracts vendors from all over the country
- Activities and workshops for the whole family
- Saturday, April 16, 2011 11:30-4pm @ Frick Park environmental center on Beechwood Blvd
- Also – check out the Panther Hollow Clean Up – hundreds of volunteers will meet at Schenley Plaza on Saturday to tackle panther hollow. Sponsored by the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy.
45th Annual Pysanky and Traditional Food Bazaar
- St. Peter & St. Paul Ukranian Othrodox Church in Carnegie
- Over 1,000 Pysanky (Ukraininan Easter Eggs) for sale!
- Traditional foods – YES that includes pyrohi!
- Sunday, April 17, 2011 11am-4pm
Steelcity Showdown – criterium bicycle race through the city of Pittsburgh
- Sunday, April 27, 2011 8am-2pm
- Cyclists compete on a closed .8 mile loop from downtown to PNC park
- For non-cyclists – there is a tailgate!