Happy President’s Day! President’s Day means that many people have Monday as a holiday. One IheartPGH reader sent us an email asking for some suggestions on how to spend the extra day off. This is a tricky one because lots of fun things are often closed on Mondays. But thanks to our Facebook fans we have a great list of some things that are open on Monday. Here is a list of what government offices and services are open on President’s Day.
Eat Something Tasty – Head to the Strip District for some breakfast and shopping
- Pamela’s is open 7am-3pm
Learn Something New – while the Carnegie Museums (Art, History and the Warhol) are closed on Mondays other museums are open – and it likely won’t be as busy as a Saturday in February.
- Heinz History Center 10am-5pm
- Pittsburgh Aviary 10am-5pm
- Children’s Museum 10am-5pm
- Phipps Conservatory 9:30am-5pm
See Something – another great suggestion given the forecast is head to the movies – Mondays are great days to save
- $5 movies at Southside Works Cinema
- $5 movies all day at Waterworks Cinemas
and to end the day…
- $5 Burgers at OTB Bicycle Cafe on Carson Street