And we are back! Happy New Year! We are honored to be back with another weekly Friday update on the DVE morning show. (You can listen to us chat about weekend events Friday mornings at 6:45am on WDVE). Here is what we talked about this week. Check back soon – we are going to be giving away tickets to the Bon Jovi concert next week!
- This is the perfect weekend to check out the gallery exhibit showing off the best of Steeler Nation
- Amazing collection that looks at how Steeler’s fans celebrate their team – t-shirts, tattoos, and a reconstruction of Denny DeLuca’s Steelers den.
- Miller Gallery – Located on Carnegie Mellon’s campus -right a the intersection of Forbes and Morewood (parking in the garage on Forbes is free on the weekends)
- Gallery is open Tue-Sun, Noon-6pm
- fun way to get out of the house with the kiddos
- Saturday, January 15, 2011 Noon-2pm
- Free activities for kids – decorate your own donut
- Follow @DunkinPGH on twitter for updates and giveaways
- Saturday, January 15, 2011
- Schenley Park Skating Rink
- Join Obscure Games Pittsburgh for Snowball fight meets capture the flag
- Sunday, January 16, 2011 – 2-4pm on the Cathedral of Learning Lawn
- All are welcome to attend
Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show at Phipps
- Opens Saturday, January 15 and runs through March
- Growing orchids is one of Troy Polamalu’s hobbies too.
- Monday, January 17, 2011, 10am-5pm
- Carnegie Science Center is open for free
More MLK Day Activities – Monday, January 17
- Make It Now Workshop at Pittsburgh Glass Center
- MLK day in the Park – Join Venture Outdoors for a free afternoon of skating, sledding and more
- PopCity Media has more MLK Jr. Day events listed here.
- January 11-30, 2011
- Artwork from the collection of Hopital Albert Schweitzer, a Haitian medical facility with ties to Pittsburgh, is on display
Fresh Food at the Farmers Market – just a reminder that the East Liberty Farmers Market is open year round – every Saturday from 5-Noon you can find fresh food, coffee from Jamaica and more. The oldest farmers market in PA – has been operating since 1941. The Farmers Market is located next to the Home Depot, 344 N. Sheridan Avenue in East Liberty.