Here are some links/articles/blog posts that are worth a look:
- Restaurant Review: Soba – Pittsburgh Magazine – April 2010 – Pittsburgh, PA – Another positive review for a great Pittsburgh restaurant – Soba. Pittsburgh Magazine has an new review of Soba including info about the chef and new menu items.
- Salt of the Earth – Chef Kevin Sousa will be opening a new restaurant "Salt of the Earth" on Penn ave this summer – he has been posting some update on the restaurants blog about how things are coming together.
- Salt Themed – Earth Day Dinner at the Cafe at the Frick – A few years ago I discovered sea salt (thank you to costco for including the sea salt with the pepper mill) and so this salt themed dinner caught my eye. On Thurs., April 22, chef Seth Bailey and his staff at The Café at the Frick will host the restaurant's first-ever Earth Day Dinner, which will feature a tasting menu of four courses and dessert based on the theme "Salt of the Earth." Check out some of the interesting items on the menu
- Banff Ticket Giveaway! : Venture Outdoors – The Banff Mountain film festival is coming to Pittsburgh April 9+10 – Venture Outdoors is giving away tickets daily on Twitter! Check out this blog post for details.
- Buena Vista Coffee: A tasty touch of Hollywood in the Mexican War Streets – Nice little article from Pop City about Buena Vista Coffee – the former Beleza Coffee shop has been re-opened with a new name and a new look. The shop was used in the filming of the movie "Love and Other Drugs" – in the movie Ann Hathaway works in a coffee shop.
- Public=Online | The Public Square Project – Last week the Sunlight Foundation – a national organization focused on increasing government transparency – kicked off their new campaign "Public Equals Online" with a panel discussion at the Google offices in Washington DC. The panel included Ryan Hopkins, from Pittsburgh, who is the founder of the Public Square Project – a local effort to building an online hub of information about Pittsburgh government and public policy.
Follow IheartPGH on Twitter – we share more links there almost daily!