It is that time of year… soup season… and it is really soup season this winter. This Saturday is the 6th annual South Side Soup Contest. Soup Hoppers get to stop by different locations along Carson Street and sample soup between Noon-3pm and vote on the best soups of the afternoon.
I know that last year there were some soup shortages – this year they will be limiting ticket sales to make sure there is lots of soup for all of the soup hoppers.
- Tickets can be purchased online here – http://www.showclix.com/event/8132/
- Soup Goes Green – All of the bowls and spoons are 100% compostable – containers
- A souper t-shirt – the official soup contest shirts will be printed by Commonwealth Press and I think they will be open for screen printing demos throughout the afternoon.
- Proceeds of the South Side Soup Contest benefit The Brashear Association’s Food Pantry. Please remember to bring your canned food item to help stock the Brashear Association Food Pantry.
South Side Soup Contest
Saturday, Febraury 20, 2010 Noon-3pm
Advanced Registration: $12 donation + a canned good
Day-Of Registration (Unless Sold Out): $15 donation + a canned good
Registration is limited to 1,200- There are less than 400 tickets left- Reserve your space in advance!
How It Works: On February 20th, head to one of the 3 check-in sites listed below to drop off your canned good and pick up your punch card, soup maps and ballots.
- SouthSide Works Cinema @ 425 Cinema Drive
- The Brashear Association @ 2005 Sarah Street
- City Theatre @ 1300 Bingham Street