When putting together this weeks radio Round Up – I reached out to friends of IheartPGH on Facebook and Twitter and got a ton of responses – here are some more great events for this weekend
- I know alot of people are excited for this one – I got lots of reccomendations for this and it is one of Pop City’s events for the week also profiled in the City Paper.
- Saturday, January 23, 2010, 7pm @ Diesel on Carson St.
- Tickets are $22 – http://www.showclix.com/event/6666/
East of Liberty Screening/Fundraiser (Facebook Link)
- Saturday, January 23, 2010, 9pm-Midnight @ Round Corner Cantina
- Suggested Donation $20
- Pittsburgh Filmmaker Chris Ivey’s documentary about East Liberty will be shown on WQED this Saturday at 1opm – join friends and supporters to watch the screening at Round Corner Cantina.
- Saturday, January 23, 2010 , 10pm @Hard Rock Cafe
- Gene Stovall and Ben Alper will lead two teams of Ants Marching into Boogie Wonderland
- Tickets are available now through Gene Stovall and Ben Alper for $10.
- Looking for more interesting music mashups – I first read about Jimmy Fallon’s house band the Roots in Rolling Stone – check out this performance of Paul Simon and the Roots performing Late in the Evening. More about this from NPR’s All Songs Considered here.
Some related reading ….
- Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings Announce New Album (pastemagazine.com)
- Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings played Brooklyn Bowl (pics), are on the Up In The Air soundtrack (brooklynvegan.com)
- Sat Eye Candy: Earth Wind & Fire (jambase.com)