I have been at the August Wilson Center yesterday and today. Oxfam and USCAN (US Climate Action Network) have set up a media center set up here – they are doing press briefings hourly on different topics. They have done a great job of providing info and photos and wireless to bloggers – we are a block from the convention center.
Check out the coverage at http://g20voice.org/ and photos here – http://www.flickr.com/photos/g20voice/sets/72157622449588322/
Here are some resources for following G20 activity here in Pittsburgh online
Real time happenings around all things G20:
- Twitter Search – see what people are posting as it happens
- Collecta Search – collecta searches twitter, social media and blogs – provides a nice display to see real time photos
- Twitcaps – provides a great way to see photos posted on twitter – http://twitcaps.com/search?q=g20
Pittsburgh Bloggers who are writing about the G20
- Utterly Opinionated – multiple posts with lots of photos from Eve Picker who lives downtown 2 blocks from the convention center
- The Pittsburgh Comet – Bram has been here at the August Wilson Center and he also has press credentials to the G20 summit. Check out some video from the march here.
- Pittsburgh Is A City – Cara is also here at the August Wilson center. Check out her post about Survival Balls.
- Infinonymous -this anonymous blogger has a post about Thursday night in Oakland.
- Slag Heap – Pittsburgh City Paper‘s Chris Potter has been writing about the G20. Check out his coverage of City Council member Patrick Dowd.
- Frank Discussion – the folks who run Franktuary – have been open for business and have been posting photos from Downtown. Check out this photo of coast guard boats.
We have been posting photos from downtown Pittsburgh on Twitpic – http://twitpic.com/photos/iheartpgh