Venture Outdoors for reminding me that this weekend is Carp All Night, which is a sister event to Art All Night. Join some fishermen and fisherwomen for an all night carp fishing extravaganza.I can’t believe that we at IheartPGH have not posted on this important annual event before. Thanks to the folks at
The umpteenth annual Carp All Night takes place this Saturday, April 25, in Lawrenceville, beneath the 40th Street Bridge. Fishing equipment will be on hand for those in need of it, as well as actual expertise in how to catch something. And we do actually catch some pretty impressive fish, including a very nice 3 lb. smallmouth bass.
No kidding. Plus lots of catfish and even the occasional carp. Don’t forget your PA Fishing License, you can get that on-line these days:http://www.fish.state.pa.us/license.htm
Stop down any time, Dusk to Dawn.
Here is a video that documents some of the fun from the 2003 Carp All Night
Some possibly related fishing links…
- Smallmouth Bass Are Highly Coveted (fishing-tales.com)
- What kind of lure do you prefer for Bass Fishing? (fishing-tales.com)
- Making Easy Carp and Catfish Baits – 16 Expert Tips for More Fish (fishing-tales.com)
- Robotic Carp Unleashed Into the Sea to Sniff Out Pollution [FishBot] (i.gizmodo.com)
- New ‘dracula’ fish discovered (telegraph.co.uk)