Image via Wikipedia
Would You Be My Neighbor Day – March 20
- Wear a sweater to honor Mr. Rogers
- Check out the film My Tale of Two Cities at Waterworks Cinema, Friday, Mar. 20 at 7pm – Mr. McFeely will be there
- Free Admission at the Children’s Museum all day on March 20.
Happy Spring! – Free Italian Ice
- Today is the First day of Spring
- Free Italian Ice from Noon – 10 pm today at all Rita’s locations.
Black and Gold Sprints – Bike Racing in the bar
- the folks at Urban Velo are bring bicycle racing to Saturday nights
- They will bring the bikes to the bar – this Sat. March 21, 7-11pm at Over the Bar Bicylce Cafe on Carson Street
- $10 to enter, Open Qualifying from 7-9pm
- More info at http://www.blackandgoldsprints.com/
- Mustache’s for Kids was a charity that was started in 1999 – men compete to grow mustaches to raise money for Children’s charities
- Sat. March 28, 2009 7pm @ Shootz Cafe – March Mustache Extravaganza
- More info and a mustache gallery at MustachePGH.com
You be the DJ at Schenley Plaza
- The Pittsburgh Parks conservancy is looking for folks who want to DJ for lunch hour at Schenley plaza in April and May. You bring the ipod with the play list – they will set up the rest.
- Sign up here at PittsurghParks.org/plaza-music
Preserve Pittsburgh Summit
- Sat. March 28, 2009 – 8:30 am – 4pm, reception to follow
- Day long summit on preserving historic buildings in Pittsburgh
- The Summit is free, tickets to the reception are $25
- Summit includes bus tours of historic buildings and lunch
Citizen Journalism Training Project
- The Public Square Project is a new program in Pittsburgh focus in getting more people to participate in journalism
- Every Thursday in March at the Union Project from 6-8pm
- Learn about how to be a citizen journalist and tell stories about your neighborhood
- All works shops are FREE!