Over the past 2 weeks, we’ve asked you to tell us what you love about Pittsburgh. From neighborhood festivals to coolest bathrooms, you let us know what you loved about the city. You nominated, you voted, now here are the results of #UheartPGH! Continue reading
We have searched high and low (ok, we read a lot of blogs and answered a lot of tweets) to bring you a list of 14 unique ways to celebrate February 14, 2012. I had an annual Valentine’s Day tradition of pizza at Aiello’s in Sq. Hill with a dear friend who now lives in New Orleans.
This list includes something for everyone at every price point. Do you have a Pittsburgh Valentine’s Day tradition? Something special planned that we should include on future lists? Please share in the comments below.
There are some delicious things happening in the Pittsburgh dining scene…
E2 is now open for dinner. The folks from Enrico Biscotti opened E2 last spring. Located on Bryan Avenue in Highland Park – E2 was just serving brunch. They have now expanded to offer dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. E2 is BYOB.
Here are some links/articles/blog posts that are worth a look:
- Workshop featuring the founder of Kiva.org – I know this is a little pricey but Kiva.org is an amazing website and would love to hear more from the founder.
- The Gobblerito lands at Mad Mex – MadMex puts an entire thanksgiving dinner in a burrito for the month of November.
- xmittens :: Xmittens Recycled + New Fabric Fashions Ship Worldwide! – I bought a pair of these fingerless mittens last year and I really like them. I was looking for them yesterday at Handmade Arcade so it is a lucky coincedence that the link to this shop arrived in my inbox today! Check out some of the other cozy handmade items they have for sale – and everything is made here in Pittsburgh.
Click here to see more links we like.
- Friday Feb 1 – Boilermaker Jazz Band
- Saturday Feb 2 – Dixie Doc and the Pittsburgh Dixieland Allstars
- Tuesday Feb 5 – Boilermaker Jazz Band
- crazy kind people jump into the Monongahela on Groundhogs day
- Fundraiser for Circle C
- noon @ the 18th Street boat ramp, warm up afterwards at Folino’s Continue reading