Looking to add some Pittsburgh to your Pinterest? Here are a few accounts based in the ‘Burg to follow.
WQED: America’s first public broadcasting station is no stranger to Pinterest. Noteworthy boards include one dedicated to Mister Rogers and a small business community board that is open for submissions.
Pittsburgh Dad: Almost everyone has seen at least one episode of this popular YouTube series, but if not you can go to Dad’s Pinterest page where he has a board with links to his videos.
boring PITTSBURGH: This account offers a variety of unique Pins, especially on their “Pittsburgh with an H” board.
Pittsburgh Penguins, Steelers, and Pirates: Sports fans rejoice: pins from the “City of Champions” teams aren’t lacking. Follow for promotion information, team apparel, fan photos, and other related pins.
Visit Pittsburgh: This is the “official tourism office” for Pittsburgh, so any information you want about kid activities, festivals, food, weddings, or anything else Pittsburgh is bound to be found on one of their boards.
What other Pittsburgh Pinners are you following? Let us know in the comments!
I think this might be your last chance to check out the set of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood! I have seen some pieces of the set before but it would be pretty cool to see the whole thing at the WQED studio.
Posted via web from IheartPGH
Image via Wikipedia
Would You Be My Neighbor Day – March 20
- Wear a sweater to honor Mr. Rogers
- Check out the film My Tale of Two Cities at Waterworks Cinema, Friday, Mar. 20 at 7pm – Mr. McFeely will be there
- Free Admission at the Children’s Museum all day on March 20.
Happy Spring! – Free Italian Ice
- Today is the First day of Spring
- Free Italian Ice from Noon – 10 pm today at all Rita’s locations.
Black and Gold Sprints – Bike Racing in the bar
- the folks at Urban Velo are bring bicycle racing to Saturday nights
- They will bring the bikes to the bar – this Sat. March 21, 7-11pm at Over the Bar Bicylce Cafe on Carson Street
- $10 to enter, Open Qualifying from 7-9pm
- More info at http://www.blackandgoldsprints.com/
- Mustache’s for Kids was a charity that was started in 1999 – men compete to grow mustaches to raise money for Children’s charities
- Sat. March 28, 2009 7pm @ Shootz Cafe – March Mustache Extravaganza
- More info and a mustache gallery at MustachePGH.com
You be the DJ at Schenley Plaza
- The Pittsburgh Parks conservancy is looking for folks who want to DJ for lunch hour at Schenley plaza in April and May. You bring the ipod with the play list – they will set up the rest.
- Sign up here at PittsurghParks.org/plaza-music
Preserve Pittsburgh Summit
- Sat. March 28, 2009 – 8:30 am – 4pm, reception to follow
- Day long summit on preserving historic buildings in Pittsburgh
- The Summit is free, tickets to the reception are $25
- Summit includes bus tours of historic buildings and lunch
Citizen Journalism Training Project
- The Public Square Project is a new program in Pittsburgh focus in getting more people to participate in journalism
- Every Thursday in March at the Union Project from 6-8pm
- Learn about how to be a citizen journalist and tell stories about your neighborhood
- All works shops are FREE!
Image via Wikipedia
I think I really should make a t-shirt with WYBMND on it. One of the amazing reasons to love Pittsburgh is that it really is Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. Mr. Rogers was a really remarkable person who was a tireless advocate for children and had an impact on many people (check out some of the thoughts from other bloggers about Mr. Rogers here).
To celebrate Mr. Rogers and continue his work – the folks at Family Communications celebrate each year with Sweater Day and a whole week of activities about neighbors.
March 20, 2009 is Sweater Day.
You can also join in the fun by wearing your sweater to see a screening of My Tale of Two Cities at Waterworks Cinema. After the 7pm showing Mr. McFeely will lead the crowd in singing won’t you be my neighbor – more details here.
Click here for a complete list of WYBMND Events. Continue reading