View this post on Instagram
Saturday, May 11, 2019, is the annual Balkan brass band festival in Schenley Park. It is one big, bad, brass band potluck and it is all FREE.
While Pittonkatonk happens one day a year, there are a lot of great things that happen the other 364 days a year to lead up to the festival.
Here are a few of the articles about this year’s festival that are worth your time.
- Pittonkatonk is more than a music festival // Downstream
- Los Mirlos kicks off their first ever US tour at Pittonkatonk // Very Local Pittsburgh – psychedelic cumbia band from Pero kicks off their first ever US tour in Pittsburgh.
- A guide to the Pittonkatonk Youth Showcase // Very Local Pittsburgh – learn more about how Pittonkatonk has helped to facilitate collaborations between bands and high-school students.
- What separates Pittonkatonk from all the other Honks // Post-Gazette
- Pittonkatonk takes a distinctly noncorporate festival approach // Trib
Here is a quick overview of Pittonkatonk…
More Pittsburgh stories…
If you like some of the stories from Very Local Pittsburgh that I’ve linked to above, I hope you will take a moment to like and follow Very Local Pittsburgh on Facebook and follow @VeryLocalPGH on Twitter and Instagram. We share very Pittsburgh stories there every day.