Pens Tickets for Game 5 Raffle
- 2 tickets to Game 5, Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators at PPG Paints Arena on Sunday, May 21st at 3 PM.
- The seats are in Section 105, Row Q, Seats 3 and 4. 2 Lexus Club passes will also be included.
- Raffle tickets are $30/each – purchase online via Eventbrite page.
- Benefits Zimbabwean Surgical Elective Fellows Program in Pittsburgh.
- Not only Zimbabwean surgical fellows, but WOMEN surgical fellows. There are only 108 registered surgeons in Zimbabwe. Of those, only 6 are women! We could help add 33% more women surgeons in Zimbabwe after one year.
- Raffle will be drawn on Saturday, May 20 at 8am. Online ticket sales close before at 6am.
I received an email about this raffle from a dear friend who is a hockey fan and a dedicated Pittsburgh citizen who has introduced me to some of the more interesting Pittsburgh traditions.
The Penguins Hockey team plays at the PPG Paints Arena, just 1.5 miles away in Oakland is the Magree-Womens Research Institue. You are probably familiar with Magee Womens Hospital. If you were born in Pittsburgh, there is a good chance you were born in Magee Womens Hospital. What I did not know until recently is that the Magee-Womens Research Institute, located right across the street from the hospital is the largest independent research institute in the U.S. devoted exclusively to women’s health.
I think this raffle highlights a unique thing about Pittsburgh. Where else in the US could you find a world class hockey team and world class medical research existing in the same 2 square miles, with passionate fans who support both. I love the idea of bringing together playoff hockey, surgical residents from Zimbabwe and the Magee Women’s Research Institute.
All monies raised for the Raffle will go to support the Zimbabwean Surgical Elective Fellows Program in Pittsburgh. This project was started by Mandela Fellow, Annete Bongiwe Moyo, who is a doctor training in surgery in Zimbabwe. Her dream is to bring 2 female Zimbabwean Medical Students to Pittsburgh to gain exposure to the cutting edge of surgery in the US and to support the participation of women in surgery in Zimbabwe. Of the 108 registered surgeons in Zimbabwe, only 6 are women, even though 33% of students in medical school are women. This program is hoping to get more women interested and exposed to surgical disciplines. Annete hopes to grow the number of students taking part in the program in future years. Help support this very worthy cause and outstanding individual. She will make you proud.
All funds will be donated to the Magee-Womens Research Institute and Foundation to administer for this program. The Drawing will be at Noon on Saturday, May 20th.
Raffle tickets are $30 and can be purchased on this Eventbright page. Help spread the word by inviting your friends to the Facebook event for the raffle.
Here is a message from Annete on the importance of supporting this program:
If you would like to support the Zimbabwean Surgical Elective Fellows Program, you can make a contribution directly to Magee-Womens Research Institute.