So according to our trusty blog stats, the popular posts this week are the Valentine’s events posts we have published in years past (here, here and here). Since there are more than a few Pittsburghers who are still trying to figure out how to impress their sweethearts. So we’ve put together this is of Valentine’s Day events, classes and workshops happening around town. From new wineries to places to wear your finery, from running around in your underwear to classes to make things to wear, there is something that should impress even the coldest of hearts.
Know of an event we missed? Share a link in the comments or share your love on Twitter with #ValentinesDayPGH.
Pittsburgh Valentine’s Day Events
- Friday, February 10 – SHOP // A Midwinter’s Valentine’s Crawl in Carnegie // FREE. Merchants in downtown Carnegie are staying open late for an evening of shopping local, champagne and chocolates.
- Saturday, February 11 – Family Friendly Valentine’s Day Crafting Party @ The Shop in Homewood // Free. This event is pure love, join your Pittsburgh neighbors to make Valentine’s Day cards to welcome refugees to Pittsburgh. Read more about the inspiration for the event here.
- Saturday, February 10 – SHOP // I Made It Market @ McCandles Crossing // FREE. Shop 60 local artists who will have sweets for your sweetie just in time for Valentine’s Day! The market is located inside two retail spaces near Panera Bread and Chipotle.
- Saturday, February 10 – RUN // Cupids Undie Run // $35. Celebrate Valentine’s Day and raise money for neurofibromatosis by running around the North Shore in your underwear.
- Sunday, February 12 – DATE // Breakfast in Bed @ The Mattress Factory // $30. Bring your Valentine to the Mattress Factory for mimosas, bloody marys, brunch, museum admission and they have upped the cute factor by having Animal Friends bring some adoptable pets to cuddle with. Read more about this event here. Follow: @MattressFactory.
- Sunday, February 12 – MAKE // Bow Tie Class @ Spool // $35. Spend an afternoon and make a custom bow-tie for your special someone at Spool Fabric Shop in Allentown. Follow: @SpoolPGH
- Sunday, February 11 – Vintage inspired Valentine Making Workshop hosted by The Warhol Museum // FREE. Warhol Museum is hosting a Valentine making workshop at the Ace Hotel on Sunday. Of course there will be a bar available for all of your Sunday brunch drinking needs.
- Monday, February 13 – Galentine’s Day with Pop Craft @ Allegheny Wine Mixer // $40. The creative forces of Pop Craft have a special ladies craft night planned, head to the Allegheny Wine Mixer with your best gal pals for an evening of crafting stuffect succulents, clay ring dishes and block prints. Pop Craft runs differnt crafty classes at drinking establishments all over town. Check out their calendar for upcoming events. Follow: @PopCraftArt @AlghnyWineMixer
- Monday, February 13 – DRINK // Big Heart Trivia @ Wigle Whiskey // Free. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with an evening of trivia about some of Pittsburgh’s historic buildings and other love-ly facts about the city. A percentage of the evenings sales will be donated to Friends of Albright. Follow @AlbrightPGH.
- Monday, February 13 – MAKE // Chocolate, Wine & Cello with Yogis Chocolate @ B52 Cafe // $40. Spend an evening learning to make organic, coconut oil based chocolate with Yogis Chocolate. There will be live chello by David Bennet and you can BYOB your own wine.
- Tuesday, February 14 – MAKE – Beaded Heart Rings @ Hatch Studio // $30. Join jewelry artist Lauren Fraley to make a beaded heart ring from start to finish. Follow: @Hatch_PGH
- Tuesday, February 14 – DRINK// The Incline’s Anti-Valentine’s Day Party @ Knob Hall Winery // FREE. Join Pittsburgh’s newest news outlet at Pittsburgh’s newest wine tasting room for a Valentine’s Day party for friends, lovers and future exes.
- Tuesday, February 14 – DANCE // Love of Friends @ Spirit // $25. Proceeds from this Valentine’s dance party will benefit PPWP–Planned Parenthood of Western PA. A $25 ticket includes two drink tickets, pizza, and dancing. Jams will be provided by DJ QUEEN YAAASSS QUEEN and DJ Diana Boss!
- Tuesday, February 14 – DATE // Dinner & Movie Date Night @ Row House Cinema // $100/couple. Enjoy a 3 course dinner at Tender and then head across the street for a screening of one of these classic romantic comedies: When Harry Met Sally or Sabrina. Not up for a 3 course meal, not a problem. Tickets for the movies can be purchased and there is an optional beer and chocolate pairing happening next door at Beirport for $20/person.
- Tuesday, February 14 – DATE // Black Tie Formal @ Brew Gentlemen // $80. This is the perfect date night for the beer lover in your life. The Brew Gentlemen are known for their beer skills, but they know how to put together quite the party as well. They are brining together Kevin Sousa and DJ Nate the Barber for a fancy Valentine’s Day soiree.
Valentine’s Day Cards, Flower & Gifts – Best places to pick up a last minute gift in Pittsburgh
- White Whale Bookstore – Independent bookstore in Bloomfield is ready for those last minute gift shoppers, they aready have some favorite books wrapped for the occasion.
- Farmers Market Coop of East Liberty – still one of the best kept secrets in town. Open every Saturday morning, this is one of the best places to pick up local food, baked goods, etc. Need a gift – coffee, fancy cheese or some of the items from Straight Up Mixer.
- Pack Up N’Go – Take your Valentine on a surprise get away. This Pittsburgh startup does all of the work for you.