One of my personal favorite outdoor activities in Western Pennsylvania is stand-up paddleboarding. If you have been wanting to try out this sport, and trust me – it is beginner friendly, this weekend is the perfect weekend.
The weather forecast for labor day weekend is PERFECT – sunny and hot, but not too hot. My favorite paddle boarding outfitter, Surfsup Adventures, is offering a great end of summer discount too – $40 off the normal rate.
- Saturday, September 3, 10am @ Moraine State Park
- Saturday, September 3, 1pm @ Moraine State Park
- Sunday, September 4, 10am @ Moraine State Park
- Monday, September 5, 1pm @ Moraine State Park
- Thursday, September 8, 6pm @ Oakmont – Sunset SUP
Surfsup Adventures & First Waves
When he is not guiding trips at Moraine State Park, Ian Smith is also the founder of the non-profit First Waves that partners with organizations like Big Brothers, Big Sisters to get more kids out on the water to try paddle boarding, learn about conservation and filmmaking. I have volunteered with First Waves in the past and it is an impressive operation. Check out FirstWaves.org for more.
- Paddleboard classes focus on fitness (triblive.com)