Looking for a summer job or looking to pick up some extra work this summer? The City of Pittsburgh’s parks department, aka Citiparks, is hiring an assistant for the Roving Art Cart.
The Roving Art Cart, now in its 43rd summer here in Pittsburgh (I would love to know more about how this program started) travels around to parks and community centers to offer arts programming to kids all summer long.
To apply visit www.PghJobs.net (this is not the most user-friendly website, so I’ve copied and pasted the job description below).
POSITION DESCRIPTION – RECREATION ASSISTANT, TEMP (ROVING ART CART)
- Enjoy working with children in an outdoor “Arts in the Park” setting on a daily basis.
- Work with multi media art projects and participate in creating lesson plans.
- Prepare daily Roving Art Cart materials and maintain art supply inventory.
- Understand the Roving Art Cart summer schedule and projects.
- Ability to communicate Roving Art Cart information effectively to parents and community groups throughout the City of Pittsburgh.
- Understand daily group attendance at Roving Art Cart sites and collect field data.
- Responsible for the movement and daily set up and break down of tents, tables and art supplies.
- Interact with the public in a courteous and polite manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
- Arrive to work on time for each assigned shift.
- Lift at least 50 pounds.
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Roving Art Cart Summer 2016 Schedule
|10 a.m. – 1 p.m.|
|June 14||Highland Park – Super Playground|
|June 15||McGunnegle Playground – Sheraden|
|June 16||Beechview Spray Park – Beechview|
|June 17||Frick Park – Forbes/Braddock Playground|
|June 21||Phillips Recreation Center – Carrick|
|June 22||Ormsby Recreation Center – South Side|
|June 23||Allegheny Commons Park (West Commons) near National Aviary – North Side|
|June 24||Schenley Park – Schenley Oval|
|June 28||Troy Hill Spray Park – Troy Hill|
|June 29||West End/Elliott Overlook – Elliott|
|June 30||Ammon Recreation Center – Hill District|
|July 1||Riverview Park – Observatory Entrance|
|July 5||Magee Recreation Center – Greenfield|
|July 6||Burgwin Playground – Hazelwood|
|July 7||Jefferson Recreation Center – North Side|
|July 8||Grandview Park Overlook – Mt. Washington|
|July 12||Arlington Recreation Center – Arlington|
|July 13||Warrington Recreation Center – Beltzhoover|
|July 14||Moore Park – Brookline|
|July 15||Highland Park – Farmhouse Playground|
|July 19||Brookline Recreation Center – Brookline|
|July 20||Mellon Park – Dan Cohen Playground – Shadyside|
|July 21||Paulson Recreation Center – Lincoln-Lemington|
|July 22||Schenley Park – Anderson Playground|
|July 26||Marmaduke Playground – Brighton Heights|
|July 27||Swisshelm Playground – Swisshelm Park|
|July 28||Olympia Park Playground – Duquesne Heights|
|July 29||Frick Park – Blue Slide Playground|
|Aug 2||Davis Park – Hobart Street – Squirrel Hill|
|Aug 3||Banksville Park – Banksville|
|Aug 4||Westinghouse Park – Homewood|
|Aug 5||Riverview Park – Observatory Entrance|
[This job was shared with the community via the NextDoor Pittsburgh website. NextDoor is a website and app that facilities sharing information, events, neighborhood news, among neighbors and is used by the City of Pittsburgh to share information as well. If you are not in Pittsburgh, you can create a NextDoor site for your neighborhood with this link and you will get a $25 Amazon Gift Card.]