I’ll keep this short since it’s no secret that I love Startup Weekend– if you’re interested in entrepreneurship and the tech scene at all, there’s no better way to get involved than jumping right in! Use code SWheartsPGH for 20% off.
We were due for a general-themed event open to all ideas, regardless of vertical or sector, so Startup Weekend Pittsburgh is coming this weekend!
For a quick recap, here’s what you can expect over the course of a Startup Weekend:
- Pitch your brilliant idea, form a team, and work together to build something great
- Meet some really smart, really motivated people and make valuable long-term connections
- Learn from seasoned mentors who have built their own companies and know what it takes
- Develop new skills and expand your talent set
- Actually build the foundations of company. Market validation, business modeling, prototyping, development– it all happens over the course of 54 hours
- Have all your meals covered, and plenty of celebration beer on Sunday
If you can’t make it for the whole weekend, we also have tickets for just the Friday and/or Sunday night pitches. It’s a perfect way to get a feel for what a Startup Weekend is like, without committing for the whole weekend.