The next Startup Weekend Pittsburgh, aka Startup Weekend Pittsburgh 6, starts this Friday, November 21, 2014. Startup Weekend is a weekend long event where folks will come together to build a business in 2 days and it isn’t just for entrepreneurs.
This is one of my MOST favorite events in Pittsburgh. I have attended twice and it has been an incredible way to work on some business ideas and make new friends. Startup Weekend Pittsburgh isn’t just for entrepreneurs. Here are some other reasons to sign up to spend this weekend at Startup Weekend.
Who should attend Startup Weekend Pittsburgh?
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who want test out a business idea.
- An entrepreneur who is looking for a cofounder.
- If you are new to Pittsburgh, Startup Weekend is a great way meet other Pittsburghers.
- Anyone who is serious about networking – it is one thing to go to a happy hour and hand out business cards, but Startup Weekend gives you a chance to get to know the people on your team, and other teams. You will make new friends.
- Job seekers – if you are looking for a job, attending Startup Weekend is a great way to show employers what you are made of. I know of a few local companies who attend Startup Weekend as a way to find new talent.
Have you attended Startup Weekend before? Why would you recommend attending?
Win A Ticket to Startup Weekend Pittsburgh
Tickets for Startup Weekend are $99 and can be purchased online here. If you are feeling a little sticker shock from the $99 price tag – you can enter to win a ticket to attend. C-leveled is one of the sponsors of Startup Weekend Pittsburgh and they are giving away two tickets to attend. If you like to enter to win a ticket to Startup Weekend 6, sign up for the C-leveled newsletter and/or post a tweet about the giveaway and you will be entered to win – click here for entry details.