We’re looking for a summer intern (can continue into the fall as well) to take control of our events calendar. There are so many amazing, awesome, cool events happening around Pittsburgh and we can’t keep up.
We’re looking for a blogging, social media rock-star (or wanna be rock-star) to take the rains of the events section of IheartPGH.
Event Editor Responsibilities include…
- review and approve submitted events
- clean up the events calendar – help make this page look awesome – you don’t have to know how to code, but a willingness to learn more about WordPress and wordpress plugins will be helpful.
- curate event categories – what are we missing? what can be improved?
- Explore partnerships with other organizations that are looking to promote events around Pittsburgh
- attend 1 event per week and write a blog post about it
- share photos on Instagram, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest
- help us build the ultimate guide to promoting your event in Pittsburgh
- determine the best ad strategy for the events calendar
- 1 meeting per week – you will work from home, your favorite coffee shop, and events around town
You should apply if…
- you love Pittsburgh or you are new to town and want to learn more about Pittsburgh
- you like meeting new people
- you want to learn about social media, blogging, local media, event planning
- you are ok being paid in coffee, free tickets and free sandwiches (past IheartPGH interns have used this opportunity to land jobs at some work places like here and here)
So you want to apply to be the first IheartPGH Events Editor? Follow these instructions….
- Find an interesting event happening in Pittsburgh in June and submit it to the events calendar. Take notes on the submission process.
- Like IheartPGH on Facebook and Follow @IheartPGH on Twitter
- Send an email to email@example.com with your name, your favorite blog, 3 ways we can improve the events submission process, a link to your favorite Pittsburgh blog that is not IheartPGH.