If you are a lover of the outdoors or a lover of outdoor documentary films – you don’t want to miss the Banff Mountain Film Festival which will be stopping in Pittsburgh this weekend. Hosted by Venture Outdoors this is a great chance to check out the best in outdoor films and to support Venture Outdoors programming.
Even if you don’t consider yourself an outdoor lover – I think you will enjoy these films – which include some spectacular cinematography. I’ll admit that I didn’t think I would like outdoor films, but after attending Banff a few years ago, I have attended the Fly Fishing Film Festival and the Paddling Film Festival last year. I am still talking about the Los Angeles River documentary that was screened at the paddling film festival.
Banff Mountain Film Festival Pittsburgh Screenings
- Saturday, April 5, 2014 – 7pm
- Sunday, April 6, 2014- 5pm
Tickets range from $14-$20. Click here to purchase tickets through ShowClix.
[use code IHEARTPGH To save 10% on Sunday tickets]
Banff After Party at The Porch
I want to invite everyone to head over to the Porch following the Saturday night screening for a little after party and a chance to learn more about Venture Outdoors. I will be there, along with several other Venture Outdoors board members and staff. (If you are interested in getting more involved with Venture Outdoors – please let me know – we are always looking for volunteers, trip leaders and new board members).
Banff After Party
Saturday, April 5, 2014 9:30pm-11pm
The Porch at Schenley Park
Free to attend – cash bar
RSVP on Facebook
Banff Mountain Film Festival Trailer
- Banff Mountain Film Festival offers cinema, more for outdoor adventure seekers (redding.com)
- Adventure on the Big Screen – The Banff Mountain Film Fest Tour (adventureblog.nationalgeographic.com)
- When the Banff Mountain Film Festival comes to town (livinitupashayup.wordpress.com)
- Paddling Film Festival & Try Paddleboarding – This Saturday (iheartpgh.com)