Here are some of the articles from about the conference from around the country – it is kind of interesting to see which issues are being highlighted for other cities.
- Why Small Town Mayors Face Multiple Disadvantages (npr)
- De Blasio Urges Mayors to Forge an ‘Urban Consensus’ (nytimes.com)
- De Blasio: Fracking Poses ‘Too Much Danger To Water Supply’ In New York (huffingtonpost.com)
- Capitol Hill: NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio Echoes Transportation Reformers’ #1 Demand (dc.streetsblog.org)
- Ed Lee’s DC trip: US Conference of Mayors meeting and settling a wager (sfexaminer.com)
- Miami Beach mayor stirs controversy over tech remark (bizjournals.com)
- Gov. Rick Snyder honored by U.S. Conference of Mayors, Americans for Arts, for arts leadership (mlive.com)
Pittsburgh’s new mayor, Bill Peduto, spoke at the conference on Thursday.
— U.S. Mayors (@usmayors) January 23, 2014
You can watch Mayor Peduto’s remarks in the following video starting at 59 minutes. Peduto talks about history, Rachel Carlson, sprawl, football, baseball, decline of steel industry – and gives a pretty concise history of where Pittsburgh has been and where we’re headed.
Here is a photo of Mayor Peduto with New York City’s Mayor de Blasio: