2013 has been a busy year of blogging! Over the summer we had a great group of interns (aka the yinzterns) who took to the streets and put together some impressive guides to Pittsburgh. Most of the posts on this list were written by our interns over the summer.
Its not surprising that movies, beer and hot dogs made the list of the top posts for 2013. If you missed these posts earlier in the year, we hope you will take a moment to click through and add a comment to your favorites.
- Guide to Pittsburgh’s Drive-Ins: Check them out before they “Go Digital or Go Dark” - June 7, 2013
- Guide to Pittsburgh public pools: hours, cost, locations, rules - June 27, 2013
- Guide to unique, interesting, and fun classes and workshops in Pittsburgh - June 24, 2013
- Guide to Pittsburgh’s Independent Movie Theaters - July 8, 2013
- The 2013 Pittsburgh Cinema in the Park series kicks off on Saturday - June 8, 2013
- A Sneak Peek at “Franktuary: The Second Coming” - January 8, 2013
- Get a Sneak Peek of the New TechShop Pittsburgh on Saturday - February 14, 2013
- Corpse Flower in Bloom at Phipps Conservatory – August 8, 2013
- A Football Town With a Soccer Problem – June 28, 2013
- International Beer Day: Guide to Pittsburgh breweries and more – August 2, 2013
- Local Spotlight: Full Pint Brewing in North Versailles – July 26, 2013
- National Hot Dog Day: The Hot Dogs of Pittsburgh – July 24, 2013
- The Pop Stop: Popsicles in Pittsburgh – August 8, 2013
A few other posts from 2013 worth a look
While these weren’t the most popular posts, here are some of our favorite posts from 2013 that are worth a second look.
- Pittsburgh’s Number 1 in 1985 - if your a fan of Pittsburgh, you’ll enjoy this video flash back from 32 years ago.
- CMU Robot Tackles An Important Task – CMU developed a robot that separates the oreo cookie
- Peepsburgh Banjo Club – Banjo night recreated with marshmallow peeps.
- Ravenstahl Hearts Pgh- Meet Our New Editor - the offer still stands for Luke to join our team
- Writing about the Rust Belt – GLUE and Rustbelt Almanac – One of the best things to come out of the burgh in 2013 is the quarterly magazine Rust Belt Almanac. If you haven’t checked out the magazine yet – you are missing out. Read the blog and find out where you can pick up the current issue at RustBeltAlmanac.com
- If You Love Pgh – You Have to Vote – Mon 4/22 is the Last Day To Register to Vote - are you registered to vote? If not, click on over and register today!
- Bucs Blog Round-Up – a run down of blogs to watch for Pirates updates
- Pittsburgh Pinners – a guide to finding the best of Pittsburgh on Pinterest
- #UheartPGH Poll Results" href="http://iheartpgh.com/2013/08/14/uheartpgh-poll-results/" target="_blank">#UheartPGH Poll Results – we thought some of the best of Pittsburgh lists were missing some categories so we made up our own – click on over to find the best bathroom in town
- The 4 P’s of October (Pittsburgh, Pirates, Playoffs, Phil) – a salute to a super Pirates fan.
- Raising the Jolly Roger – a recap of the baseball season