Today was one of the first Saturday’s that I realized that Fall/Winter is here. When the weather is warmer, I tried to spend some time each weekend in a kayak or on a paddleboard. Today was spent indoors watching a movie.
If you haven’t had a chance to check out Pittsburgh from the river – you are missing out. To get almost anywhere in Pittsburgh, you’ve got to drive next to or across a river (sometimes two). But it isn’t as east to get onto the river.
I just received an email about a delicious-sounding dinner party that will set sail on the Allegheny river this Thursday. The folks from Urbanist Guide to Pittsburgh and Avenue B are teaming up to bring the dinner to the river. I’m happy to see more people planning events that happen on the water.
Maritime: A Dinner Party
Where: The Fantasy will board at Lockwall One Marina at the Cork Factory
When: Thursday, November 14th, 2013, 6:30-9pm
Cost: $45 per person with a cash bar To purchase tickets visit: http://www.showclix.com/event/Maritime
- Artisanal cheese and fruit
- Steak tartare, truffle potato chips
- Curried pumpkin bisque cappucinos
- Honey whipped chevre and roasted beets
- Mushroom quiche, black truffle
- “PB&J” crostini (fois, hazelnut, concord grape)
- Crispy oysters, orange pablano marmalade
- Gorgonzola arancini, roasted pears, honey, and pomegranate
- Roasted cauliflower cavatelli carbonara
- Assorted mini desserts