Are you from the Pittsburgh area, and love it? Are you interested in writing/blogging, social media, photography and other multimedia tools and using them in a way to connect people in the Pittsburgh area and share what’s happening in the city? Come contribute to IheartPGH and make this summer the opportunity you want it to be by providing fresh ideas to IheartPGH and BlogLocal.
Here is some more detail about what we are looking for from Writers, Designers and Developers:
- Writers: We’re looking for contributors to join the team that are enthusiastic about Pittsburgh and everything the community has to offer to help IheartPGH to continue to grow our content. We’re open to new ideas and are looking for ways to innovate and expand even more. We are also looking for writers to contribute content about local blogs and blogging for Blog.BlogLocal.net.
- Shop Pittsburgh Blogger – Like shopping? Like local businesses – then this is the position for you! We’re looking for someone to start and manage a weekly column about local shops in Pittsburgh.
- BlogLocal – Sports Blog Scout – Do you eat, breath and sleep sports? We are looking for someone to help us find the best sports blogs in Pittsburgh and beyond and to write a weekly column interviewing and highlighting the best in sports blogging.
- Events Blogger – Do you like to check out local events? We’re looking for a blogger who will write at least one post a week about an upcoming event and then write a follow up post highlighting an event from the previous week.
- BlogLocal – Fashion Blog Scout – are you a fan of fashion? Help us scour the web for the best local fashion blogs and write a weekly profile of the most stylish fashion bloggers.
- 88 Neighborhoods Scout – We are looking for a blogger to help us plan out a series of posts that visits all 88 neighborhoods in the city of Pittsburgh
- VotePGH Project Manager – we’re working on a project to increase awareness about upcoming elections. If you love social media and civic engagement – this is the job for you.
- Pittsburgh Podcaster – we’re thinking of starting a Pittsburgh podcast and we’re looking for the right person to help us turn this idea into an audio reality.
- Editor – Are you ready to step up and take charge of one of Pittsburgh’s oldest blogs? We’d like to find someone to help take IheartPGH to the next level. If you are interested in managing a motley crew of Pittsburgh lovers and want to take charge of an ever changing editorial calendar – this is the position for you. (Editor must be available for Summer and Fall)
- Designers: Do you hate cluttered websites? Do you dream of ridding the world of popup boxes and flash websites? Do you hate when you visit a website and music starts blaring at you? Then we should talk. We’re looking for webdesigners who want to make IheartPGH and BlogLocal awesome. If you want to gain some experience taking an okay looking wordpress blog to awesome – then we would love to have you join our team.
- Developer: We’re looking for a developer who really REALLY really loves local and wants to help make BlogLocal an awesome tool for finding the best local blogs anywhere in the US. (A stipend or equity is available for the right person – we want to find someone that gets BlogLocal and is eager to make the idea better).
This is a great opportunity to expand your skill and knowledge in writing, social media use, and especially online and offline networking. Plus this is a great opportunity to have some freedom to express your own ideas and really make the most of this position and what you get out of it.
About Working With Us:
We’ve been blogging about the burgh on IheartPGH for almost 8 years and we love it. Last year we launched BlogLocal to make it easier to find and discover local blogs. We have met a ton of great people around Pittsburgh and beyond through blogging. We are looking for interns who are eager to use these online platforms to expand their offline networks. We want to help you learn about writing for online publications and how to successfully use social media to build a brand. Our past interns have been hired by some of the top design firms and brands in the Pittsburgh area. Oh and we’ll get you free tickets to lots of events.
Dates, Times and Locations:
Internship dates can be flexible – but we are open to interns year round. We ask that you be able to commit a minimum of 3 months with 3 days per week to be in the office located in East Liberty.
Whats In It For You:
Internships are unpaid, we are happy to help you get school credit. We will help you love Pittsburgh, meet and interview some of the most interesting Pittsburghers, and build your social media skills (yes you know how to use Twitter but do you know how to use Twitter to build a brand?). Our past interns have gone on to work for some of the coolest companies in Pittsburgh likes Dicks Sports and KDKA.
How to Apply:
We used to have a fancy pants application form – but we would rather hear from you! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your name
- which position or position(s) you would be interested
- your favorite blog about Pittsburgh other than IheartPGH
- what you would like to get out of a writing internship