CMU Robot Tackles An Important Task
Meet HERB (Home Exploring Robotic Butler) who was developed at Carnegie Mellon’s Personal Robotics Lab.
HERB has finally tackled an important and difficult problem – how to separate an Oreo Cookie.
Thanks to Chris Briem @ NullSpace for sharing this video.
Here are a whole bunch of articles (with some humous titles) about HERB and oreo cookies …
- Sure, Give That Robot A Knife: Three More Oreo Separator Machines (uproxx.com)
- HERB the robot butler takes part in Oreo cookie challenge (gizmag.com)
- Carnegie Mellon’s HERB Masters Critical Oreo Separation Task (33rdsquare.com)
- HERB the Robot Separates Oreo Cookie Before Turning on His Creators (adweek.com)
- The Latest Oreo Separating Machine is Actually a Very Polite Robot Named HERB (geekosystem.com)
- The Oreo Splitting Wars Escalate with Carnegie Mellon’s Brilliant Bot (gizmodo.com)
- Knife-wielding robot HERB separates Oreo cookies (news.cnet.com)
- Wondrous Oreo icing-removing machine uses an axe to de-cremify (boingboing.net)
- HERB Learns to Separate Oreos, Probably Thinks Humans are Crazy (spectrum.ieee.org)
- Portland man’s machine cuts creme from Oreo cookies (nwcn.com)