This Weekend in Pgh: Groundhog Day Festivities, I Made It Market, Brewery Tour & More
Happy February 1! While it may be super bowl weekend – Pittsburgh has decided that isn’t really an occasion worth celebrating. Thankfully hockey is back and Punxsutany Phil makes an appearance. There are a bunch of ways to celebrate Groundhog Day around Pittsburgh this weekend. And with just 14 days left until Valentine’s day – there are a few activities to help you pick out or make some gifts for that special someone.
Here are the events we share on WDVE radio this morning. You can listen to us live with the DVE Morning show most Friday mornings at 6:45 am.
If your would like IheartPGH delivered right to your email you can sign up for a daily or weekly email updates here.
Groundhog Day Celebrations
Hoggapalooza @ Harris Grill
Groundhog Day the Movie
|First Fridays on Penn Ave
|Cake Classes at Dozen Bake Shop
|East End Brewing Tour and Tasting
|I Made It Market
|Pittsburgh TweetUp to Benefit The Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
More Groundhog Day reading…
- Punxsutawney Phil and Blogus Groundhogus (bloglocal.net)
- City celebrates 20th anniversary of ‘Groundhog Day’ (dailyherald.com)
- Skumps, Groundhog! (rutheh.com)
- All Hail to the Groundhog! (fidelitybank.typepad.com)
- Morning Cup of Links: Groundhog Day Origins (mentalfloss.com)
- When is Groundhog Day 2013 & What Does it Mean? (bostinno.com)
- Midday News Links: Illinois Town Celebrates Anniversary Of Groundhog Day Movie (chicagoist.com)