Join Our Team: Writers Wanted
We’re looking for some new interns to join the team to help us with writing and social media for both IheartPGH and BlogLocal. We have had some great interns in the past who have moved on to new jobs and we would like to expand the blogging team.
We are looking for interns who:
- like to write
- are interested in learning more about blogging and social media and how to use those tools in a business setting
- like geeky things
- are passionate about local communities
- are looking for an unpaid internship (school credit is available)
- are a currently a college student or have a college degree
- are able to spend a minimum of 3 hours at our office (we’re located on the Southside and have unlimited coffee)
Here are the positions we are looking to fill. If you have an idea for a different weekly column or project that you think would work well on IheartPGH we would be happy to talk about adding an additional position.
- Shop Pittsburgh Blogger – Like shopping? Like local businesses – then this is the position for you! We’re looking for someone to start and manage a weekly column about local shops in Pittsburgh.
- BlogLocal – Sports Blog Scout – Do you eat, breath and sleep sports? We are looking for someone to help us find the best sports blogs in Pittsburgh and beyond and to write a weekly column interviewing and highlighting the best in sports blogging.
- Events Blogger – Do you like to check out local events? We’re looking for a blogger who will write at least one post a week about an upcoming event and then write a follow up post highlighting an event from the previous week.
- BlogLocal – Fashion Blog Scout – are you a fan of fashion? Help us scour the web for the best local fashion blogs and write a weekly profile of the most stylish fashion bloggers.
- 88 Neighborhoods Scout – We are looking for a blogger to help us plan out a series of posts that visits all 88 neighborhoods in the city of Pittsburgh
- Web Design Problem Solver – we’re looking for some one with mad CSS skills, who loves HTML and maybe knows a thing or two about wordpress to help make our site shine (and make sure everything is in working order).
- VotePGH Project Manager – we’re working on a project to increase awareness about upcoming elections. If you love social media and civic engagement – this is the job for you.
- Editor – Are you ready to step up and take charge of one of Pittsburgh’s oldest blogs? We’d like to find someone to help take IheartPGH to the next level. If you are interested in managing a motley crew of Pittsburgh lovers and want to take charge of an ever changing editorial calendar – this is the position for you.
About Working With Us:
We’ve been blogging about the burgh on IheartPGH for almost 7 years and we love it. Last year we launched BlogLocal to make it easier to find and discover local blogs. We have met a ton of great people around Pittsburgh and beyond through blogging. We are looking for interns who are eager to use these online platforms to expand their offline networks. We want to help you learn about writing for online publications and how to successfully use social media to build a brand. Our past interns have been hired by some of the top design firms and brands in the Pittsburgh area.
Dates and Times:
Internship dates can be flexible – but we are open to interns year round. We ask that you be able to commit a minimum of 3 months with 3 hours per week to be in the office (we can plan some office hours at a local coffee shop if that is a more convenient location).
How to Apply:
We used to have a fancy pants application form – but we would rather hear from you! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your name
- which position or position(s) you would be interested
- your favorite blog about Pittsburgh other than IheartPGH
- what you would like to get out of a writing internship