Tuesday, November 6 is election day – in addtion to voting for the President – there are lots of other races on the ballot that should be on your radar. But just as importantly for Pittsburgh – May 21, 2013 is the primary election for Mayor of the City of Pittsburgh and even-numbered city council seats. If you aren’t registered to vote – please take a moment to register so you are ready for the Primary election in May. Click here to fill out a voter registration form.
Below are some links to voting resources as well as local voting guides and endorsements from Pittsburgh bloggers. We are posting links to guides and blog posts from both democrats and republicans.
Find Your Poling Place & Voting Info
Poling Place Locator:
- Vote411.org – a non-partisan polling place locator run by the League of Women Voters
- VotesPA.com – PA Department of State’s Voting Info Website
- 866ourvote.org or call 1-866-687-8683
- Additionally the Post-Gazette would like to be notified of any voting issues from their Facebook page “Also, please notify the Post-Gazette about irregularities by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Voting Problems.'”
Last week we asked our followers on Facebook and Twitter to share links to voter guides – the following we submitted to us.
- Smart Voter from the PA League of Women Voters
- PA Family Voter
- Planned Parenthood of PA
- Forest Hills-Regent Square Patch: 2012 General Election Guide
- Endorsement from the Post-Gazette & Tribune Review – The Pittsburgh Political blog 2 political junkies has compiled a list of all of the endorsements made by each paper.
#VotePGH – Tweet The Vote
What Pittsburgh Bloggers Are Saying About the Election
Here are some posts by local bloggers about the election.
- Loud and Pithy – Why I Will Vote for Obama
- Red Pen Mama – The Top 5 Reasons I’m Voting for Obama Again
- WhatIfPost.com –What’s at stake for healthcare in this election
- Liz Labz – Your Right Not To Vote (And why it’s bullsh*t)
If you have a post about the election or a voter guide we should add to the list please leave the link in the comments below.