Happy Friday! Here is a round up what we were chatting with the WDVE morning show – links to some local blogs, the new book from the bloggers at EatPGH and even more great things to do this weekend in Pittsburgh. You can listen to IheartPGH live on the radio most Friday mornings at 6:45 am on 102.5 FM.
Slideluck is a mash-up of a potluck dinner and an artshow. What started in NYC and has spread around the world is now happening in Pittsburgh.
Saturday is the first of what we can only hope will be many Slideluck shows in Pittsburgh.
An all start team of curators…
- Ellen Fleurov (Executive Director of the Silver Eye Center for Photography),
- Nicholas Chambers (Milton Fine Curator of Art at the Andy Warhol Museum)
- Evan Mirapaul (PGH Photo Fair)
have selected a range of artists …
Aaron Blum * Jay Brown * Ernie Button * Melissa Catanese * Lizzy De Vita * Lori Hepner * Leo Hsu * Kevin Lorenzi * Ross Mantle * Duane Michals * Mark Neville * Ed Panar * Tom Persinger * Rachel Bee Porter * Jake Reinhart * Joi Sanchez * Susie Shapira * Henry Simonds * James Southard * Ivette Spradlin * Robert Raczka * Justin Vinesky * Dylan Vitone
whose work will be displayed via a slideshow after a pot luck dinner.
1st Pittsburgh Slideluck
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Clear Story Studio – 1931 Sidney Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Facebook Event – https://www.facebook.com/events/411007945602423/
- Slideluck Potshow (thestranger.com)
Just a heads up that you can catch this comedy classic on the big screen at The Oaks Theater in Oakmont this weekend!
- Friday, September 28, 2012 – 10pm
- Saturday, September 29, 2012 – 10pm
- Sunday, September 30, 2012 – 1pm
The Oaks Theater
310 Allegheny River Boulevard
Pittsburgh, PA 15139
The Oaks Theater is a 430-seat single-screen movie house, presents the best in current, classic, and non-traditional cinema entertainment.
This weekend is the 2nd Pittsburgh StartUp Weekend – teams have 72 hours to create a business. The fun starts on Friday night and teams work all day Saturday and Sunday – the weekend concludes on Sunday evening with presentations to judges.
If you would like to attend and see the final presentations on Sunday afternoon – Tickets are still available here.
My team has created a business called InvenStory – the idea is a super simple app that lets you create an inventory of stuff you own.
WE NEED YOUR HELP – part of our presentation to the judges on Sunday is getting user feedback – if you could help us with any or all of the following by Sunday, September 23 at Noon – we would greatly appreciate your help.
- Take Our Survey – CLICK HERE to fill out a quick survey with what options you think would be most helpful
- Like the InventStory page on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/myinvenstory
- Follow @myInvenStory on Twitter
- Let us interview you – Sunday AM – we would love to get your feedback on our idea – if you are in the East Liberty area – coffee and donuts on us! email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available for an interview.
This Friday, September 21st, 2012, 8-11pm – you can catch Dixie Doc and the Dixieland All-starts at the Allegheny Elks Club (located next to the Giant Eagle on the Northside). Featured stars will be Lou Schreiber on clarinet and Chris Fennimore on banjo and vocals.
Dixieland at the Elks
Location: Allegheny Elks LODGE #339, 400 Cedar Avenue, Pittsburgh PA
Date: Friday, September 21, 2012
h/t to Living Pittsburgh for the event.