Happy Friday! Sorry for the delay in posting the links for this weekend. I think my trusty old laptop may finally have to go. A big thanks to those of you who listen on WDVE this week. (The I heart PGH segment is most Friday mornings at 6:45 am.
Last year I was chatting with Randy from DVE – I was challenged to come up with a whole weekend of free activities in Pittsburgh. I thought this was going to be the weekend – then it rained. There are free concerts all over town this eve (not sure how they will be impacted by the rain). Lots more free things to do this weekend as well.
But there will be plenty of sun for Saturday’s first annual Great American Water Balloon Fight! This should be an amazing event to support an awesome organization – Team Tassy. Click here to join WDVE Randy Baumann’s team!
3 Free Friday Night Concerts
- Joe Grushecky & The Houserockers @ South Park FREE
- Friday, July 20, 2012, 7pm @ South Park Ampitheater/Bandshell
- Pittsburgh Blues Festival @ Hartwood Acres
- Friday – Free admission with a bag of food for the Food bank
- The Blues Fest runs through Sunday – ticket info available here
- Delta Rae – Summer Sounds, Free Friday Concerts in Greensburg
- Friday, July 20, 2012, 7-9:30pm
- Free concerts are held every Friday through the end of August
FREE Yoga in Schenley Park – Every Saturday
- Every Saturday, 10am
- Schenley Plaza, Oakland
- 2012 is the 30th Annual Race
- One of the largest vintage race events in the US and the only race event to race on city streets
- Vintage cars race through Schenley Park
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday
- Saturday, July 21, 2012 – gates open at 11am
- Point State Park
- Live music, food, fun and a water balloon fight
- 1st Annual benefit for Team Tassy