2012 Feast of St. Anthony Festival is Sunday
Once again I am out of town for the festivities (I am visiting a Pittsburgh friend in Lawton, Oklahoma) – but a dear friend (who is Pittsburghs biggest non-Italian supporter of Italian events) kindly reminded me that Sunday is the annual Feast of St. Anthony Festival. It promises to be an amazing time with even more amazing food.
The festival takes place at 21st and Smallman Streets. Here is the line up for Sunday
The Festival runs from Noon – 8 PM.
- 1:30 - Italian Mass by his Excellency Bishop Emeritus Anthony G. Bosco
- ~2:30 PM - Procession with the Statue of St. Anthony (immediately following Mass)
- 3 PM – Performance by La Banda Rossa
- 4 PM – Performance by The Jimmy Z. Trio
- 5:30 PM - The Homemade Wine Competition
- 6 PM – Performance by Mirella the Musician
- Food, Beer, Music, and Fun all Day
- First prize is a dinner for 10 at the private dining room of Merante’s in Bloomfield. They will cook a feast for you and your guests, wine and limoncello will be included, as well as live music, a gift for each attendee and dessert. It will be a night to remember.
- Second prize is a gift basket with a whole prosciutto, an espresso maker, and all kinds of Italian pastas, cheeses, and other foods.