Mother’s day is Sunday May 12. You didn’t forget about that did you? There are a ton of great ways to celebrate mom this weekend around Pittsburgh (fortunately for y’all my mom doesn’t read this blog so I can share these tips with you and she”ll still have no idea whats up – just a heads up that for Father’s day you are on your own – my dad – hi dad! – is one of IheartPGH most loyal readers.)
Great Gift Idea – Head over to the Children’s Museum – for about $15 the Saturday Light Brigade will help you record an audio CD card for your mom.
Martini Mama? Do you need a cocktail to survive quality time with mom? Then Wigle Whiskey has you covered. Take your mom to Wigle Whiskey for their Mother’s Day cocktail class.
Some shopping ideas for the weekend. Looking for a way to spend the afternoon with mom? Or looking to pick up a unique gift? here are some ideas.
Moms get in free this weekend.
- Pittsburgh Zoo – Moms get in free on Sunday when accompanied by a kid
- The Clayton – Moms get in free on Saturday and Sunday
- Brunch – Pop City Media has just published an extensive guide to brunch in the burgh
- Cafe on Main – while this little gem didn’t make Pop City’s list – I think it is not to be missed for brunch. Located on main street in Sharpsburg, Cafe on Main has an extensive and tasty brunch menu, mimosas on Sunday and snickerdoodle coffee.
- Cereal Milk Panna Cotta with Caramelized Cornflakes and Strawberry Cream – Pittsburgh food blogger, The Brazen Kitchen, has posted the recipe and some amazing photos for this treat.
- Baked French Toast Cups – recipe from With The Grains, if we gave awards for blogs, we would give With the Grains an award for prettiest blog – check out the recipe then spend some time checking out their other posts as well.
A huge thanks to Living Pittsburgh for the post on affordable Mother’s Day in Pittsburgh.
Image: Compu-Mother’s Day Card by Alternative Histories available here.
- 11 May 2012 at 7:05am
- Flowers, Festivals and Ways to Celebrate Mom this Weekend! | I heart PGH
[...] Mother’s Day ...