3 Events to Check Out Neighborhoods – Mt. Washington, Bellevue, Point Breeze
One of the best parts of Pittsburgh, as you probably already know (but since it is back to school season – I know we have some new to Pittsburgh readers – bare with us as we educate them on why Pittsburgh is amazing) – is the Neighborhoods. The city of Pittsburgh has 88 neighborhoods – you can check out a map and a list here. Outside of the city – there are even more neighborhoods and boroughs in Allegheny county. Three of these neighborhoods have orgaized events this week to invite others to come to check out their neck of the woods.
These three events give you a chance to check out Pittsburgh’s neighborhoods – South, East and Northwest.
MT. WASHINGTON: A Taste of Mt. Washington
- Thursday, September 29 5-9pm
- $15 per ticket gets you specials and discounts at participating Mt. Washington businesses
- a great way to check out Mt. Washington and to support the Mt. Washington CDC’s Main Streets Program
- Facebook event link – http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=204919659569779
BELLVUE: Artobert Fest
- Saturday, October 1
- 1-6pm Free block party on Lincoln Ave
- 5-8pm “Art and Wine Walk” down Lincoln Avenue. Ticket prices are $12 for a single ticket, or $20 per couple. Participating businesses will become individual art galleries as ticket holders enjoy live music, art exhibits, hors d’oeuvres, and complimentary wine tasting.
- 8-10pm Artober Fest After Party at Bite Bistro
- Facebook event link – http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179562568778542
POINT BREEZE: Annual Bonfire
- Saturday, October 1 4-10pm
- Street Classical Academy, Corner of Reynolds and Lang
- live music, hayrides in Homewood Cemetary, food vendors (including s’mores)
For a limited time get $50 in ride credit when you sign up for Lyft using the code IHEARTPGH.================================