Here are 12 events, actually more than 12 events as some of these listings are for multiple activites. Lots of great ways to check out Pittsburgh and get involved. What are you most looking forward to this September? Are there other events we missed? Please let us know in the comments!
cityLAB 6% Place Community Meeting – Wednesday, September 7, 2011
- 6-7:30pm @ St. Lawrence O’Toole Activity Center on 140 N. Atlantic Avenue in Garfield
- learn about the 6% place project – Six percent is the number, the tipping point. If a neighborhood can get that many creative workers, it becomes an attraction in its own right, according to a study by CEOs for Cities. We’re experimenting with this idea in a Pittsburgh neighborhood. Our blueprint for a Special Impact Zone will focus on how to make this neighborhood such a Six Percent Place.
- RSVP here
Pittsburgh Food Bank BlogMob – Thursday, September 8
- What would happen if a mob of Pittsburgh’s top bloggers swarmed the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank one evening? Find out on September 8, 2011 when we honor Hunger Action Month with Pittsburgh’s first #blogmob event.
- Open to bloggers and anyone else who is interested in learning about the Pittsburgh food bank
- 5:30pm @ The Pittsburgh Food Bank, 1 N Linden St, Duquesne, PA
Steel City Big Pour – Saturday, September 10, 2011
- the 2011 Steel City Big Pour is SOLD OUT
- Check out this huge list of Steel City Big Pour weeks events – tastings, bar crawls and more.
The 2011 Biodiversity Festival – Saturday, September 10, 2011
- Brought to you by the Sprout Fund & Pittsburgh Foundation
- Noon-3pm outside of the Carnegie Library in Oakland
- a fun afternoon of music, activities, and games presented by The Sprout Fund, Spring projects, and other organizations working to support and enhance biodiversity in Southwestern Pennsylvania
- RSVP on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202596489802791
Mexican War Streets House & Garden Tour – Sunday, September 11, 2011
- 42nd Annual Tour
- Tickets are available online here. $18 before the tour, $20 the day of the tour
- Follow the house tour on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/mwshousetour
Attack Theater Happy Hour – Tuesday, September 13, 2011
- Join Attack Theater and its loyal supporters, friends and family for an informal happy hour celebrating the end of the summer and the start of an exciting season. Spend your final warm days on Mario’s beautiful outdoor deck, enjoy drink specials all evening long, and the food is on us.
- Mario’s East Side Saloon, 5442 Walnut Street, Shadyside
- 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- $20 admission (all proceeds benefit Attack Theatre)
- Facebook Event Page
GLUE Conference - September 15-17, 2011
- GLUE = Great Lakes Urban Exchange
- Annual GLUE conference attracts city and neighborhood lovers from 16 rust belt cities
- tour and learn about non profits and businesses that thriving in Pittsburgh
- talk with other from Pittsburgh and beyond about how we can transform and improve our neighborhoods.
PASA SW PA Farm Tour - Saturday, September 17, 2011
- September is Local Foods Month
- PASA – PA Association for Sustainable Agriculture
- Tour local farms in SW PA from 1-5pm
- Tickets are available here.
Mr. Baconpants Presents Bacon Bash 2011 – September 17, 2011
- bacon, bacon and more bacon
- at the Harris Grill
- Ticket Includes: admission to the event, several bacon appetizers and small plates prepared by Harris Grill, one beverage ticket (draft beer or frozen cosmopolitan), optional entry in the bacon eating contest, and more.
Podcamp Pittsburgh – September 17 & 18, 2011
- Free unconference open to everyone to learn about blogging, podcasting and social media
- PodCamp Pittsburgh 6 will be at Point Park University
Bloomfield’s Little Italy Days – September 24 & 25, 2011
- Italian food and music – fun for your big fat Italian family in Bloomfield
- Complete with all the bocce, cannoli and Peroni you can possibly play, eat and drink, the lively three-day festival culminates with a spectacular and dazzling Madonna della Civita procession along Bloomfield’s Liberty Avenue commercial district.
- Don’t miss the Flea Market at Shepard Wellness Community Center (located in the Church at 4800 Scotia St.)
Gallery Crawl in the Cultural District – September 30, 2011
- over 23 venues to check out
- free admission to all events
- Presented by The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust Department of Education and Community Engagement