Ambridge is a borough located north of Pittsburgh along the Ohio River. The borough was incorporated in 1905 and named after the American Bridge Company. I haven’t been out to Ambridge in a while. A few years ago there was a lovely little coffee shop there – I think it was called the Silk House.
This Saturday is your chance to check out Ambridge with the folks of Urban Hike. Urban Hike is a group that plans out hikes around different urban areas. The organizers do a great job of mapping out the hike ahead of time and planning out interesting stops along the way. Usually local experts join along to share history and info about each area. There was a great group of hikers for the last Urban Hike in Oakland. A great way to explore a new area with a nice group of folks. There is no charge to participate in the hike – just make sure to thank the organizers.
- When: Saturday, July 16th at 10am
- Where: Circle K at 1599 Duss Ave, 15003 – Map
- What: Urban Hike Path to the Past
- Who: Come one and all, and bring friends
- How to get there: drive, take the bus – the 14 bus goes from Downtown to Ambridge, or contact email@example.com about carpooling.