Happy Election Day – Voter Resources and Election Day Parties
Today is Tuesday, May 17 and that means it is primary election day here in Pittsburgh.
The polls are open from 7am-8pm.
Who Should I Vote For?
The folks at Progress Pittsburgh have put together a big table with candidates for most of the city and county races that includes information about which candidates have been endorsed by the Post-Gazette, Planned Parenthood, P2pac, Allegheny County Democratic Committee and other groups. The table also includes links for more info on each of the candidates.
Did some one say party?
Yes, most canidadates will be hosting some sort of celebration after the polls close this evening. Here are the events that we know of (h/t Progress Pittsburgh for compiling this info in one place).
- Darlene Harris – Billy’s Troy Hill Bistro, 1720 Lowrie St.
- Bruce Kraus – Green Front Inn, 2341 East Carson St.
- Lucille Prater-Holliday – The Montage, 201 N. Braddock Ave.
- D. Raja – Greentree Radisson Hotel
- Rich Fitzgerald – IBEW, Hot Metal Street
- Chelsa Wagner – Gaetano’s, 1617 Banksville Road
- Valerie McDonald Roberts – Tonic Bar and Grill, 971 Liberty Ave.
- Doug Shields – Doug Shields’ Campaign HQ 5800 Forward Avenue
- Patrick Dowd – Church Brew Works, 3525 Liberty Ave
For a limited time get $50 in ride credit when you sign up for Lyft using the code IHEARTPGH.================================