In honor of the prom reference – lets start with a little quiz. What is great about this month’s Pittsburgh Party for a Purpose?
- a) it is for a good cause
- b) you get to dress up
- c) you have an excuse to wear your old prom dress or for the gents – your old powder blue tuxedo
- d) you get to meet more awesome Pittsburghers
- e) all of the above
The correct answer is “e”! Pittsburgh Party for A Purpose is an semi regular event that takes place at local drinking establishments. Each event befefits a different Pittsburgh non-profit organization – with all of the monies from the door going to the organization.
The April 8, 2011 Party for a Purpose is a Prom for a Purpose – everyone is invited to dust off their old tuxedos and prom dresses for the evenings attire.
The Pittsburgh Prom for a Purpose benefits – GLSEN Pittsburgh (GLSEN = Gay Lesbian & Straight Education Network) an organization that works to make sure that schools are safe for ALL children and that each member of the community is respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
But wait – there is a Prom night bonus to this party – the event will also support Project Prom – and organization that works to provide free prom attire for those that are eligible – so that all high school students can be the belle of the ball. You can also follow Project Prom on Facebook here.
The Fancy Event Details:
Pittsburgh PArty for a Purpose – PROM
Friday, April 8, 2011
Elixir Lounge, 1500 S. Carson Street
$10 cover gets your drink specials, prom fun and benefits GLSEN
Facebook Event is located here.
Some more prom reading …
- Website Helps Avoid Prom Dress Duplicates (npr.org)
- Have a prom dress you won’t dance in again? Recycle it! (westseattleblog.com)
- The Promologist Offers Prom Tips (stacyknows.blogspot.com)