One of our favorite organizations here in Pittsburgh is celebrating a big anniversary this week. LUPEC is short for Ladies United for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails turns 10 this year. LUPEC was founded here in Pittsburgh in March 2001 and there are now many LUPEC chapters around the country – classy cocktails are being celebrated in places like
- Boston – LUPEC Boston
- Denver – LUPEC Denver
- Seattle – LUPEC Seattle
- Chicago – check out this Huffington Post article about LUPEC Chicago event
Join them for an Anniverary Party – Speakeasy Style
LUPEC 10th Anniversary
Saturday, March 12, 2011 6-8pm
Embury, 2216 Penn Ave, Strip District
Facebook Event Link – http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=168640799851799&index=1
Learn more about LUPEC:
In a post-millenium world of beer and prepackaged Chex Mix™, LUPEC works tirelessly to breed, raise, and release cocktails that are endangered or even believed to be extinct. The collecting of anachronistic recipes by women, and the resulting creation of endangered cocktails in an all woman setting is intended to achieve the following goals
- To create a secular \”coven-like\” atmosphere in which Classy Broads of today can invoke and honor the spirits of their Forebroads
- To continue the 150 year American tradition of dangerous women calling themselves Ladies and getting together in groups, clubs, and societies to work undercover while they chipped away at the patriarchy.
- To protect the collective Joie de Vivre of LUPEC members by assuring them at least one good party a month
- To encourage the accumulation and use of vintage serving and barware.
To read more and get the most up-to-date information about LUPEC events, check out the group on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/group.php?gid=80296523525.
You can check out some of our past posts about LUPEC here.